- Dean and Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. Chair Maryam Alavi has been reappointed to a five-year term to lead the Scheller College of Business at Georgia Tech University. In addition, Vickie Thomas was named associate dean for executive education at the college. A Georgia Tech alumnus, Thomas previously worked at Coca-Cola Company and Equifax, as well as serving as innovation and entrepreneurship leader at the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
- Jacksonville University selected Barbara A. Ritter as the next dean of its internationally ranked Davis College of Business. Ritter currently serves as dean of the Wall College of Business at Coastal Carolina University, where she has taught management and the science of decision-making for 16 years. Ritter will join Jacksonville in July.
- AACSB International recently named Caryn L. Beck-Dudley as its new president and CEO, effective June 2020. An experienced academic leader, management professor, and attorney, Beck-Dudley most recently served as dean of the Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University, a position she has held since 2015. She succeeds Tom Robinson, AACSB president and CEO since 2015, who announced his retirement in September 2019.
- Erika H. James has been named the next dean of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, effective July 1. She has served as dean of the Goizueta Business School at Emory University, as well as the senior associate dean for executive education at the University of Virginia Darden School of Business. James will succeed Geoff Garrett, who is to become dean of the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California.
- Jay Hartzell, dean of the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin) will serve as the university’s interim president. Hartzell will take over for President Gregory L. Fenves who is leaving UT Austin to become president of Emory University in Atlanta.
- Stephen Alfieri will become the director of operations for Graduate and Executive Education in the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, in August. Alfieri has served as the director of regional operations for Wyndham Destinations in Sevierville and previously worked at Dun & Bradstreet for several years as an associate vice president and vice president.