- Darrell Johnson is the new executive director of University of Central Florida (UCF) Executive Development Center and its executive and professional graduate business programs, including the UCF EMBA. He also serves as the assistant dean of undergraduate programs at the College of Business and executive director for the college’s Office of Professional Development. His past positions include executive director of the Office of Continuing Education for The Ohio State University, dean of Extended University Programs for Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, and CEO and principal consultant of his consulting firm in Columbus, Ohio.
- Soo Haylett was recently promoted to executive director of graduate and executive programs in the School of Business and Economics at Sonoma State University. She previously served as the manager for graduate and executive programs, which include all the school’s professional, executive, and wine MBA programs.
- Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management recently named Francesa Cornelli, professor of finance, deputy dean of degree education, and director of private equity at London Business School, as its new dean.
- Vallabh Sambamurthy, professor and associate dean for MBA and professional master’s programs at Michigan State’s Eli Broad College of Business, will become the dean of the Wisconsin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin–Madison in August.
- K.J. Martijn Cremers has been appointed the Martin J. Gillen Dean of the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame. The Bernard J. Hank Professor of Finance, Cremers was interim dean of the college.
- Michael Grojean has joined the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Haslam College of Business as director of the Executive MBA–Strategic Leadership. He comes to the college from a private consultancy he formed after his tenure as professor of management and executive director of executive education at Rice University in Houston. Before joining Rice, Grojean was a faculty member at Aston Business School in the United Kingdom, as well as head of executive education and associate dean for corporate activities and partnerships. Grojean served for 23 years in the U.S. Army before joining academia.